Monday, April 30, 2007

A sight to make eyes sore

Over the past 5-6 days, I seem to have developed an allergy. I think it's an allergy to birch pollen, the level of which the newspaper says is "high". Having never had an allergy before, I find myself quite troubled by the constant runny nose and runny, itchy eyes. I will have soon used up my precious box of Puffs, which means I'll have to resort to scratchy tissues made for not-so-sensitive Scandinavian noses.

The midwife says that pregnancy can bring on allergies, as the immune system is a bit weaker. I hope this is the only allergy I get -- and I hope it rains soon to get rid of some of the pollen.

At the moment, though, with the sun shining and the birch trees budding and leafing all over the place, I look at the mirror in fright. At the center of my face is a bright red nose, and my eyes constantly look as if I've been crying. No amount of makeup or smiling make this pregnant woman pretty. What is all this take about the "pregnancy glow"? My nose looks like a stop sign!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allergies are the worst.. Thank God you never had to have them before. Hopefully they go away soon. If not you need a box of tissues everywhere you go. Trust me. I think my middle name is Kleenx.