Thursday, May 10, 2007

Vroom Vroom!

Yesterday I picked the boys up early from school, as in right after classes ended so they didn't have to go to the afterschool program.

Zooming in our fast, ultimately cool dark blue Volkswagen Golf down the highway on our way home, we pass (how do you pass a car like that??!!!!) a little red, tiny sports car. I mean tiny! Who would drive a car like that in Sweden? After all, if the owners are lucky, they can use it 4 months a year when the ground isn't covered in a layer of snow 10 inches thick! Who needs a car like that -- a Ferrari to be exact? Still, even I am struck with wonder at the beauty of the vehicle.

Immediately, the boys voice to their adoration for that little red car. "Mom! Mom! Look at that race car! Isn't it cool?!" "Can we have one????"

"Sure," I reply, "they only cost 1,000,000 Swedish kroner!"

The boys don't catch the joke. "Really??? We can get one! All RIGHT! Make sure it's yellow!"

I guess for now they'll have to "settle" for their grandpa's ultra-hip Corvette, though. Even now, over a month before we are due to visit the home of the cool Corvette, there are discussions of grandpa's "race car".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina, you and the boys are right on the money when you talk about that 'ultra' hip grandpa!

I'm hoping I can catch a ride in his (red?) corvette.
I'm enjoying your blog.
Love,
Nancy