Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday!

First, congratulations to my cousin Trish and her husband Brian. After many years of trying, waiting and praying, they are expecting their first little miracle in October!!!

Second, happy half-birthday to our little Nicholas, who turned six-months yesterday. He marked the occasion by showing off...


and playing with his dad.


Yesterday, I heard of a professor from Carnegie Mellon University who gave what has become a famous "Last Lecture" several months ago. His story, and his speech, moved me. Life really is too short to worry about the small stuff and today I'm looking at my world with a more positive mindset. If you have the time, read about his story and check out the "Last Lecture" on his website. If you don't have much time, he did a reprise on Oprah. That version is much shorter and is available here. Get out the kleenex first, though.

Last, but not least, the other day our neighbors brought in some big machinery. Nicholas was fascinated (and the guy operating the digger/grabber thing gave him a big smile and a wave, which was cool). You can read Nicholas's mind in this picture... "I can't wait to get my fingers in that dirt! I can paint mommy's white walls with it. I can eat it! I can smear it in my hair!

No comments: