Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For love -- part II

Do you see these two beautiful people???

They're my parents.

That's a fact that I'm quite proud of. I know I'm a lucky girl to have ended up as their daughter in this wild lottery of life.


Guess what? They're celebrating their 40th anniversary.

That's right.

40.

40 years of love, growth, caring, laughter and happy days... and, I know, 40 years where sometimes the days days just brought tears, loss or sadness, and other days where they were happy the other one was there to lean on when the going was tough.


40 years! Just saying it is amazing to me. I wonder how many couples in my generation will be able to proudly say they're celebrating 40 years of marriage?

My parents have always had fun together, which I think must be one of their secrets. They are always willing to share a smile or a good joke. They still hold hands and kiss. They still say "I love you" before one of them heads off to the store or hangs up the phone.

They think each other's thoughts, finish each other's sentences and their eyes still sparkle when they talk about each other.

They are still, after all of these years, in love.

And loved.


And so, I want to say congratulations, mom and dad!!!! We love you!!!!

No comments: