Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A sigh of relief and a glimpse of a miracle

Dear family and friends,

Welcome to our blog. We plan to share the lastest news from our side of the globe with you here, as well as photos, updates, and just our general thoughts. At the end of every post, there is a place you can click to write your comments, thoughts and jokes of the day.

So let's get started....

We have waited many weeks to be able to share today's news with you -- each and every one of you holds a special place in our hearts and in our lives. For that reason, we are so happy to introduce you to the person who (we pray) will be joining our family somewhere around September 29...







The picture is a bit blurry, but that's mostly because right now the baby is only 6 cm long. During this morning's scan, we could see hands, facial features, legs, head, etc. It was an amazing, moving experience and we're just so blessed and happy that the technician could see no problems at this point.


The details:
  • I am 12 and a half weeks pregnant.
  • One of my very best friends at the moment is the toilet bowl and has been for about 7 weeks.
  • This morning's scan was part of an analysis to determine the risk for Downe's Syndrome. Based on the test results, the baby's risk is 1 in 1,063. Without the test, the average risk for babies born to women my age is 1 in 246.
  • The boys were thrilled. Matt wants a girl and feels we should have ordered one. Lucas just wants the baby to be healthy and is very concerned about whether God is putting the pieces together in the right order.

That's about it for now. Keep checking back. We want to keep this blog as a record of the coming months and years of events, thoughts and news in our family.


All our love,


The Pedersen's



5 comments:

Gene said...

Tina and Steen

The miracle of life..... how precious. We are so excited for your family. Now the baby will have two (2) big brothers. I pity the new friends of the baby.

Love to all
Uncle Gene & Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Tina and Steen,

We are so happy for all of you. I can't wait to hear stories about the boys and their baby.
Take care and we will watch for updates.

Love you,
Uncle Jim and Aunt Ro

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys

I just came home from work to find this e-mail, it spread a smile across my face and I'm laughing out loud. I think I'll call Alice at work and tell her! Mom, Dad and Mary sure would have loved this. I'll say a little prayer but I'm sure everything will be alright.

Anything, Anytime, Anywhere
Love Joe and Alice

Anonymous said...

Tina and Steen

We are so excited for you all! I am sorry you are so friendly with the toilet right now. That is never fun. I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Love,

Nicole, Tony, Sophia and AJ

Anonymous said...

Tina and Steen,
Great news!
I used to hear old people say, "I remember when YOU were a little child. Now it's my turn..Tina, it does seeem a short time ago, when our family was admiring Judy and Paul's beautiful baby girl?
George joins me in sending our congratulations!
Love,

Nancy and George