Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Feeling blessed

This past Sunday was Mother's Day here in Sweden, two weeks after it occurs in the US and Denmark, but no less important.

Sure, I'm a mother and I enjoy being celebrated with a special day that recognizes my mommy status. I adore the beautiful drawings Matthew and Lucas made for me this year. I relish the many extra hugs I received that day. I welcomed the extra effort everyone made to be nice. Furthermore, it goes without saying that I am incredibly happy for the gift all of my guys gave me.

For me, though, Mother's Day is more than these things. It is a chance to reflect on all of the amazing mothers and mothers-to-be in my life and all of the things they have taught me, shown me, shared with me since I was just a baby. On such days, I wish I could give every one of them a hug and a thank you.

These moms, and many more, have been and remain an integral, important part of my life (in advance, I beg forgiveness for everyone whose name I have missed -- there are so many.):

My own mom (without a doubt, the best mom on earth)
Grandma H and Grandma S
Gitte
Momma
Mormor
Kathi
Michelle
Aunt Ro
Aunt Pam
Aunt Karen
Aunt Alice
Nicole
Shawn
Trish
Pia
Ulla
Anne-Grete
Lotte
Dorte
Helen
Ilse
Ingelise
Marlene
Alima
Tanja
Charlotte
Fanny
Marcela
Marissa
Eva
Lubna
Karin
Leticia
Minna
Nancy
Aunt Lauretta

No comments: