Sunday, August 5, 2007

Grilled!!!!

Yes, yes, I know... again I've been neglecting this blog much too long. My sincere apologies. Also, I am sorry to report that I will be unable to upload photos today as promised. I'm sure you'll understand when I tell you the reason -- an episode of Grey's Anatomy is calling loudly from the TV downstairs!!!!

But I do have some things I want to share with you. First, I'd like to wish my lovely, amazing husband and myself a big congratulations on today. Twenty years ago today (seriously, can I be that old?) we met in a classroom at Helsinge Gymnasium. Twenty years ago today he insisted I trust him to get me safely home, as he was the only other student in my class who lived in the same town as I -- trust him, that is, in his belief that he knew how to get back to our town faster than my original plan to wait two hours for the bus. Needless to say, three and a half hours later (90 minutes of which was spent chatting together at a deserted train station in the forest), I found myself waving goodbye to him after he had pointed in the general direction of my host family's house and said "you live that way!"It took me another hour to walk home from there!

No, we didn't date that year or, for that matter, for many years after. But we did quickly become close friends, a friendship that grew after I returned to the States. Looking back, I am amazed and moved by how much meeting one person in life can have such a wonderous effect on everything that comes afterwards.... and at the time, you have no idea.

I have to also say here that I am soooo blessed to have so many beautiful people in my life -- people who have opened my eyes to the meaning of love, growth, values, and goals.

Second, we had a TERRIFIC trip to the US. The time just flew by and we truly enjoyed ourselves. I'll have to post more about that tomorrow too.

Third, a few days before we left the US, we went to Weber's Grill for dinner. A great place... yummy food and terrific service. In case you missed it, almost everything they serve is made on a Weber grill. And we had a classic kid moment. Matthew ordered his own meal -- a Coke and a cheeseburger. The waitress asked him how he wanted his burger cooked. His response????

"Hm. I'd like it grilled, please!"

How I love my boys!!!!

No comments: