Monday, August 20, 2007

Update

Saw the midwife this morning and all continues as planned. I'm now 34 weeks pregnant, which means there are supposedly six to go.... eight at the max. The baby is head-down. It's great that it's already in that position, especially as babies that come after number one don't usually move into that position until just before delivery. I have gained a total of 10 kg and no weight gain at all the past 14 days. I'm quite happy with that. She says the tingling I feel in my fingers and toes when I'm sleeping is quite normal and is caused by the water retention.

So now I have to come up with a birth plan and bring it with me for discussion next time. For some reason, the thought of giving birth to this little one doesn't make me very nervous. It's the thought of all that comes afterward in terms of being the mother of a newborn that leaves my mind reeling.

Therefore, I look for humor wherever I can. The latest such event happened the other day when I went to pick the boys up from their summer program. Lucas and one of his buddies were sitting at a table playing cards. There were a bunch of chips (hijacked from an Othello game) between them). "Whatcha playing?" I asked. "Poker!" was the answer. I burst out laughing. How can six-year olds be playing poker? But they did indeed know who had the higher pairs and they kept their rules quite simple. I found myself waiting around for one last hand while they both played "all in". Yes, that's today's educational system for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe you are almost there...Take Care of yourself....
Love Auntie Pam