Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And you call that thing a hot dog??

Sweden, with all of its idiosincracies and trends, will never cease to amaze me. By far, one of the most interesting things about Sweden is its food. Don't get me wrong, I love my Swedish meatballs with lingonberry jam as much as the next person. But I recently noticed that one of the most popular things Swedes buy at the hot dog stand is the following concoction:

2 hot dogs with mashed potatoes and shrimp salad (complete with mayo!), all rolled up in a kind of bread wrap called "tunnbröd".

I tried to find a photo on the net, but without luck. Yum yum. Doesn't that sound lovely??? Want one for dinner?

I'll stick to my Chicago-style hot dogs, thank you very much.

Anyway, just back from a lecture at the hospital on a new project they're running. The objective is to help women give birth within 12 hours of their arriving at the hospital, assuming that the woman is in active labor. To some, 12 hours may seem like an awful long time... but to my ears, after having gone through 33 hours of labor with Matthew and 18 with Lucas, 12 hours sounds like a blessing. So I'm going to try to get myself into the project when labor starts... We'll see how it goes.

20 days until the due date.

And here's a little moment of silence in remembrance of today's events six years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Anonymous said...

Many countries eat stranger foods..