Friday, September 28, 2007

I've got that tingling feeling

The "nursery" post-painting, pre-border... and yes, dad, we took a risk and went with baby blue...



Guess what?? Still pregnant! No signs of any real contractions, despite my encouraging words to baby that it's about time to come on out and greet the world.

However, pregnant life has been spiced up a bit with the introduction about a week ago of carpal tunnel syndrome! Woo hoo!!! Nothing better than the constant tingling feeling in both of my hands, which is (thankfully!) topped off by a stinging, stabbing sensation in at least one hand all night long. Allows me to fall into a deep, restful sleep for about all of ten minutes, and gives me plenty of time to sit upright in bed during the night to ponder the many wonders of the world.

The midwife assures me that carpal tunnel syndrome is quite common in pregnant women, and that it will probably go away a few weeks after baby arrives. In the meantime, I'm probably going to see a therapist who will build some wrist splints for my sleeping pleasure.

OK, enough of my petty complaining. This morning I had the pleasure of buying my first cup of tea at the "Kids Coffee House". I can highly recommend the coffee house to anyone looking for a cheap, excellent cup of coffee or tea. It is run by a group of highly talented first-graders (including one I just happen to know), and is open on Wednesdays and Fridays from the first bell until 9:00. The class is saving up to buy a fish tank (and accompanying fish, I assume. Would be kind of strange otherwise... or would it?). I think this is a very innovative, impressive way of raising the money, especially the considering the chaos that I generally envision when thinking of a first-grade classroom. So come one, come all!!!

The boys and I took some photos of ourselves last night -- here they are. Enjoy your day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Tina....The boys too...We'll see the baby on October 4th.(That's my guess) Love Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

Tina,as I read your blog tonight, I was taken back to the day when my boys were born. Both of them a month late. The two week rule didn't apply then.
Grandma Hennip, told me, that the longer you wait, the easier delivery will be...

You're in my prayers, Love, Nancy